Tuesday, October 9, 2012

#56 Ride a Double Decker Bus

 
    It is one of the most stereotypical things to do while in London and is a must for all tourists, even though it isn't that cool once you are on and is just a normal big smelly bus. When you sit on the top level you get a better view of your surroundings, but it is hard not to think about how easy it seems that then entire things can tip over with only a little gust of wind.
   My first day in London I got really sick, of which I blame on the sleeping pills that I overdosed on during the 11 hour plane ride. So I unfortunately did not get to go on the guided tour of London with the rest of the people from my group. Once I finally felt better I decided that I was going to go see everything by myself even though I had no idea where to go; but armed with a day metro pass, camera and a whole lot of determination I set out. I managed to see everything that I had wanted too, except for Olympic park, I tried taking the metro there, but for some reason it ended up with me in a Ghetto where there was more graffiti then street signs. After walking around for a bit and still having no idea of where I was I gave up and went back into the city where I didn't have to look over my shoulder every few feet.
    I had a day pass that also worked for the buses, so I didn't know that you still had to go through the front door to get it scanned which resulted in me getting yelled at by the bus driver. I took the bus through the west end theater district, oxford and Piccadilly circus and around Chinatown. Thankfully the bus I took was covered-as most of them are now- because it was quite cold and that would have made for quite a miserable bucket list experience having to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment