Tuesday, October 30, 2012

#27: Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany


   Since I was studying abroad in Austria for fall semester, it seemed quite silly to not go to Oktoberfest for the weekend. My entire group had a day trip to Munich and after that we had the rest of the time to do whatever we wanted. So naturally everyone went over to see what this little festival was all about.
   It was literally the most people that I have ever seen in one place before. There were so many people that is was impossible to walk through and get anywhere at a reasonable time. We were only there for a few hours and that was more then enough time to walk around the entire place, take a bunch of pictures of people and try not to get trampled by the crowd.
   The only part of the entire thing that I really like was that everyone of all ages were wearing Lederhosen and Dirndls, which was really cool to see. But other than that the festival was not really my thing. Most of the other people in our group loved it and even went back for a second weekend; I guess it all just depends on your taste. After we left Munich we went and saw the Neuschwanstein Castle which was more up my alley in interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment