Sunday, September 16, 2012

#20: Study Abroad


   
This year in college-my junior year- I decided to fulfill one of my biggest bucket list items and study abroad. I ended up choosing Salzburg, Austria for 3 reasons:
1) It was the cheapest program in Europe.
2) I had not been to Austria yet.
3) And I am a theater junkie I absolutely adore 'The Sound of Music'
My only doubts in choosing this country?
1) The only German I know is from the movie 'Cool Runnings' and 'Inglorious Bastards'
I arrived here at the beginning of September and will stay here until the end of December. Thankfully they also have us enrolled in German language courses for the first two weeks and then we have the option of continuing on as the actual semester starts. 
These first two weeks have been filled with excursions to castles, mountains and hidden towns through out the country side. I have not even been here a week and I am already in awe of how beautiful it is; every day I can walk along a different street and discover shops and scenes that are completely stunning. Everywhere you walk in town you have a beautiful view of the castle on the hill that makes you feel like you are living in a fairy tale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment